Read HERE for a description of the STEM awards program.
AWARDS TO LOCAL SCHOOLS FOR STEM
2019 Award Information
In 2019, INCOSE San Diego made seven (7) STEM awards to the following schools:
- The Learning Choice Academy (San Diego) – Support for purchase of SeaPerch, an underwater robotics program that equips teachers and students with the resources they need to build an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV).
- Escondido High School (Escondido) – Four dynamic track systems for teaching physics. These systems allow students to explore kinematics, dynamics, momentum, and energy with the ease and precision of optical motion sensing.
- Quantum Academy (Escondido) – Three Magical Microbes MudWatt STEM kits. These kits harness the power of electricity-generating microbes naturally living in soil (mud).
- Poway High School (Poway) – FIRST Robotics Competition registration and robotics kit.
- Mira Mesa High School (Mira Mesa) – Muscle Spiker Kit, reflex hammer, and other accessories.
- Roosevelt Middle School (San Diego) – 30 Virtual Reality Headsets for distance viewing.
- Morse High School (San Diego) – Computer data-collection interfaces, software, and dissolved oxygen probes.
2018 Award Information
- Twin Peaks Middle School (Poway) – FIRST robotic tournament registration.
- San Pasqual High School (Escondido) – Microbial fuel cells.
- Roosevelt Middle School(Oceanside) – Parts to engineer a simple circuit.
- Poway High School (Poway) – FIRST Robotic competition registration.
- Alamosa Park Elementary School (Oceanside) – Parts to build bottle rockets.
- Good Shepherd Catholic School (San Diego) – Environmental Science- Physics solar workshop.
- Ivey Ranch Elementary (Oceanside) – Sphero Robot kits.
- Kelly Elementary School (Carlsbad) – LEGO EV3 Education Core Set.
- Mary Fey Pendleton Elementary School (Pendleton-Oceanside) – Sphero Robot kits.
- North Terrace Community School (Oceanside) – Start up supplies for LED Circuits.
- North County Community Based Team NOMAD (Escondido) – Robotics tournament registration.
2017 Award Information
- Shadow Hills Elementary – Building Materials for 2017 Punkin Chunkin competition.
- Ada Harris – Supplies for students to collect their own data in order to evaluate the quality of local water sources.
- Ivey Ranch – Ozobot Education Kit to teach robotics and coding to students.
- South Oceanside Elementary School – Lego Robotics kits to develop science skills with 4th grade students.
- Solana Ranch Elementary – Math materials to include fraction bars, dice, and fake money to help students learn math in a more creative way.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – Consumable supplies, including card stock paper, rolls of scotch tape, and foam boards, for a Marble Run Design and Engineering Project.
- Santa Magarita Schools – Three Birch Aquarium Outreach one-hour group sessions to study marine biology.
- Louis Fousset – EVO Ozobots to learn software coding.
- Deer Canyon – Ozobot Bit Guardians of the Galaxy Starter Pack to study multiple STEM activities.
- Good Shepherd – Supplies such as motorized materials for machine construction.
2016 Award Information
- Martin Luther King Jr Middle School – Marble Runs demonstrating Newton’s Law of Motion & Forces
- Mary Fay Pendleton School (Oceanside) – NASA Beginning Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Student Kit
- Jefferson Elementary School (Carlsbad) – Maker Space Genius Hour supplies
- Joan McQueen Middle School (Alpine) – Arduino Kits and Breadboards
- Rancho Buena Vista High School (Vista) – Hydrogen & Fuel Cells and BioFuels
- Calavera Hills Middle School (Carlsbad) – Hazardous Materials Kit for Chemistry unit.
- North Terrace Community School (Oceanside) – Supplies for S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) Enrichment Elective
- Kelly Elementary School (Carlsbad) – Lego EV3 Education Core Kits
- Potter Jr. High School (Fallbrook) – Supplies for Lunch Time STEM Activities: Snap Circuit kits, Little Bits STEAM Student kits, Makey Makey kits, Arduino Coding kits, Raspberry Pi kit
- Stuart Mesa Elementary (Oceanside) – Ozobots
- Solana Ranch Elementary- 3D Printer for your STREAM (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) lab
- Mira Mesa High School – Heart & Brain Spiker Shield Bundles for Physiology Course
San Onofre School (Camp Pendleton) – Spheros
2015 Award Information
- Stuart Mesa Elementary (Oceanside) – KNEX Sets for your Smart Labs
- Vista Visions Academy – Microscopes
- Casita Center (Vista) – Makey Makey Invention Kits
- Good Shepherd Catholic Schools – Advanced Project Mobile STEM Lab Student Engineering System
- Mesa Verde Middle School – Whacky Machines makerspace project
- Hickman Elementary – Supplies for Tinkering Lab
- Warren Walker Middle School – SeaPerch Kits
- Twin Peaks Middle School – Sea Perch Kits and sending teams to regional competition
- Poway High School – VEX Robotic kits
- Twin Peaks Middle School – LEGO Mindstorm kits
2014 Award Information
- Westview High School- Electrical Robot components for Arduino workshops
- Skyline Elementary School- STEM Lego Wedo kits
- Willow Elementary School (San Ysidro)- Sea Perch kits and supporting supplies
- Twin Peaks Middle School – LEGO Mindstorm materials and entrance fees for FLL competitions
- Vista Visions Middle School- Pasco Equipment (Oxygen sensor, EcoZone System, Carbon Dioxide Sensor, 6 in 1 weather sensor)
- Warren Walker Middle School – Sea Perch Kits for underwater robotic competition
- Chet. F. Harritt Middle School (Santee) – Kid Wind Classroom Challenge Kit and LEGO Mindstorms Education Base Set
- Poway High School – Classroom & Competition Mechatronics Kit w/ programming kit
- Ada Harris Middle School (Cardiff by the Sea)- Reuben H. Fleet Science Museum workshop and materials
- Mira Mesa High School – EMG Spiker box and the Human-Human Interface
- Solana Vista Elementary School – LEGO Education Building Sets for Tinkering Lunch Club
- San Onofre School (Camp Pendleton) – Cubelets Educators Pack Brand: Modular Robotics
- Challenger Middle School – Lego NXT 2.0 and Laptop Computer
- Challenger Middle School – solar cells and related equipment to support renewable energy projects
- Partners in Education Program – Poway Unified School District – bus transportation and teacher substitutes to support Women in Engineering Day at Sony
2013 Award Information
- Academy of Arts & Sciences, El Cajon – Science Fair projects materials and prizes
- Casita Center for Technology, Science, and Math – field trip to Buena Vista Lagoon
- Chet F. Harritt School – Materials and registration for FIRST LEGO League challenge
- Dingeman Elementary School – Bee-Bots and Pro-Bots
- Dingeman Elementary School – Engineering is Elementary Program
- Heritage Christian School – Robotics dual starter kit
- La Jolla Elementary – LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – iOS devices and wireless router/printer
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – Nexus 7 stations for robotics programming
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – Flinn Hot Air Balloon Kits
- Monroe Clark Middle School – Arduino and electronics kits
- Morse High School – Water quality assessment package and alternative energy fuel cell kit
- Poway High School – VEX robotic equipment
- Poway Unified School District – Women in Engineering Day
- Silver Strand Elementary – LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Vista Magnet Middle School – Alternative Energy (hydrogen & fuel cells) kits
- Warren-Walker Middle School SeaPerch Robotics Teams
- Warren-Walker Middle School – Tractor Build Off LEGO kits
- Wilson Middle School – Botball and iARoc Competition and Robotics controller brain
2012 Award Information
- Albert Einstein Academies Charter School – ProScope HR2 CSI Science Level 2 microscope
- Del Norte High School – “Calculus in Motion” and “Geometer’s Sketchpad” software
- Emerald EMSTEM Magnet Middle School – 7 copies of e-book: “100 Most Popular Scientists for Young Adults”, note app for iPods, transportation and food for field trip
- Harriet Tubman Village Charter School – Foss Kits: Solar Energy Unit and Variables Unit
- Horace Mann Middle School – SeaPerch Robotics Kits
- Johnson STEM Elementary School – Elementary Simple Machines/ Getting Started Set from LEGO Education
- Poway Unified School District – Women in Engineering Day
- Renaissance Village Academy – anatomical torso model and half-scale primate skull set
- Twin Peaks Middle School – Physics Lab / Newton cars
Photos from recipients of the 2012 Awards, displayed at the 2013 STEM Event (Albert Einstein Academy, Del Norte High School, and Emerald EMSTEM Magnet Middle School)