Read HERE for a description of the STEM awards program.
AWARDS TO LOCAL SCHOOLS FOR STEM
2019 Award Information
In 2019, INCOSE San Diego made seven (7) STEM awards in 2019 to the following schools:
- The Learning Choice Academy (San Diego) – Support for purchase of SeaPerch, an underwater robotics program that equips teachers and students with the resources they need to build an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV).
- Escondido High School (Escondido) – Four dynamic track systems for teaching physics. These systems allow students to explore kinematics, dynamics, momentum, and energy with the ease and precision of optical motion sensing.
- Quantum Academy (Escondido) – Three Magical Microbes MudWatt STEM kits. These kits harness the power of electricity-generating microbes naturally living in soil (mud).
- Poway High School (Poway) – FIRST Robotics Competition registration and robotics kit.
- Mira Mesa High School (Mira Mesa) – Muscle Spiker Kit, reflex hammer, and other accessories.
- Roosevelt Middle School (San Diego) – 30 Virtual Reality Headsets for distance viewing.
- Morse High School (San Diego) – Computer data-collection interfaces, software, and dissolved oxygen probes.
2018 Award Information
- Twin Peaks Middle School (Poway) – FIRST robotic tournament registration.
- San Pasqual High School (Escondido) – Microbial fuel cells.
- Roosevelt Middle School(Oceanside) – Parts to engineer a simple circuit.
- Poway High School (Poway) – FIRST Robotic competition registration.
- Alamosa Park Elementary School (Oceanside) – Parts to build bottle rockets.
- Good Shepherd Catholic School (San Diego) – Environmental Science- Physics solar workshop.
- Ivey Ranch Elementary (Oceanside) – Sphero Robot kits.
- Kelly Elementary School (Carlsbad) – LEGO EV3 Education Core Set.
- Mary Fey Pendleton Elementary School (Pendleton-Oceanside) – Sphero Robot kits.
- North Terrace Community School (Oceanside) – Start up supplies for LED Circuits.
- North County Community Based Team NOMAD (Escondido) – Robotics tournament registration.
2017 Award Information
- Shadow Hills Elementary – Building Materials for 2017 Punkin Chunkin competition.
- Ada Harris – Supplies for students to collect their own data in order to evaluate the quality of local water sources.
- Ivey Ranch – Ozobot Education Kit to teach robotics and coding to students.
- South Oceanside Elementary School – Lego Robotics kits to develop science skills with 4th grade students.
- Solana Ranch Elementary – Math materials to include fraction bars, dice, and fake money to help students learn math in a more creative way.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – Consumable supplies, including card stock paper, rolls of scotch tape, and foam boards, for a Marble Run Design and Engineering Project.
- Santa Magarita Schools – Three Birch Aquarium Outreach one-hour group sessions to study marine biology.
- Louis Fousset – EVO Ozobots to learn software coding.
- Deer Canyon – Ozobot Bit Guardians of the Galaxy Starter Pack to study multiple STEM activities.
- Good Shepherd – Supplies such as motorized materials for machine construction.
2016 Award Information
- Martin Luther King Jr Middle School – Marble Runs demonstrating Newton’s Law of Motion & Forces
- Mary Fay Pendleton School (Oceanside) – NASA Beginning Engineering, Science and Technology (BEST) Student Kit
- Jefferson Elementary School (Carlsbad) – Maker Space Genius Hour supplies
- Joan McQueen Middle School (Alpine) – Arduino Kits and Breadboards
- Rancho Buena Vista High School (Vista) – Hydrogen & Fuel Cells and BioFuels
- Calavera Hills Middle School (Carlsbad) – Hazardous Materials Kit for Chemistry unit.
- North Terrace Community School (Oceanside) – Supplies for S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) Enrichment Elective
- Kelly Elementary School (Carlsbad) – Lego EV3 Education Core Kits
- Potter Jr. High School (Fallbrook) – Supplies for Lunch Time STEM Activities: Snap Circuit kits, Little Bits STEAM Student kits, Makey Makey kits, Arduino Coding kits, Raspberry Pi kit
- Stuart Mesa Elementary (Oceanside) – Ozobots
- Solana Ranch Elementary- 3D Printer for your STREAM (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) lab
- Mira Mesa High School – Heart & Brain Spiker Shield Bundles for Physiology Course
San Onofre School (Camp Pendleton) – Spheros
2015 Award Information
- Stuart Mesa Elementary (Oceanside) – KNEX Sets for your Smart Labs
- Vista Visions Academy – Microscopes
- Casita Center (Vista) – Makey Makey Invention Kits
- Good Shepherd Catholic Schools – Advanced Project Mobile STEM Lab Student Engineering System
- Mesa Verde Middle School – Whacky Machines makerspace project
- Hickman Elementary – Supplies for Tinkering Lab
- Warren Walker Middle School – SeaPerch Kits
- Twin Peaks Middle School – Sea Perch Kits and sending teams to regional competition
- Poway High School – VEX Robotic kits
- Twin Peaks Middle School – LEGO Mindstorm kits
2014 Award Information
- Westview High School- Electrical Robot components for Arduino workshops
- Skyline Elementary School- STEM Lego Wedo kits
- Willow Elementary School (San Ysidro)- Sea Perch kits and supporting supplies
- Twin Peaks Middle School – LEGO Mindstorm materials and entrance fees for FLL competitions
- Vista Visions Middle School- Pasco Equipment (Oxygen sensor, EcoZone System, Carbon Dioxide Sensor, 6 in 1 weather sensor)
- Warren Walker Middle School – Sea Perch Kits for underwater robotic competition
- Chet. F. Harritt Middle School (Santee) – Kid Wind Classroom Challenge Kit and LEGO Mindstorms Education Base Set
- Poway High School – Classroom & Competition Mechatronics Kit w/ programming kit
- Ada Harris Middle School (Cardiff by the Sea)- Reuben H. Fleet Science Museum workshop and materials
- Mira Mesa High School – EMG Spiker box and the Human-Human Interface
- Solana Vista Elementary School – LEGO Education Building Sets for Tinkering Lunch Club
- San Onofre School (Camp Pendleton) – Cubelets Educators Pack Brand: Modular Robotics
- Challenger Middle School – Lego NXT 2.0 and Laptop Computer
- Challenger Middle School – solar cells and related equipment to support renewable energy projects
- Partners in Education Program – Poway Unified School District – bus transportation and teacher substitutes to support Women in Engineering Day at Sony
2013 Award Information
- Academy of Arts & Sciences, El Cajon – Science Fair projects materials and prizes
- Casita Center for Technology, Science, and Math – field trip to Buena Vista Lagoon
- Chet F. Harritt School – Materials and registration for FIRST LEGO League challenge
- Dingeman Elementary School – Bee-Bots and Pro-Bots
- Dingeman Elementary School – Engineering is Elementary Program
- Heritage Christian School – Robotics dual starter kit
- La Jolla Elementary – LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – iOS devices and wireless router/printer
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – Nexus 7 stations for robotics programming
- Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School – Flinn Hot Air Balloon Kits
- Monroe Clark Middle School – Arduino and electronics kits
- Morse High School – Water quality assessment package and alternative energy fuel cell kit
- Poway High School – VEX robotic equipment
- Poway Unified School District – Women in Engineering Day
- Silver Strand Elementary – LEGO MINDSTORMS
- Vista Magnet Middle School – Alternative Energy (hydrogen & fuel cells) kits
- Warren-Walker Middle School SeaPerch Robotics Teams
- Warren-Walker Middle School – Tractor Build Off LEGO kits
- Wilson Middle School – Botball and iARoc Competition and Robotics controller brain
2012 Award Information
- Albert Einstein Academies Charter School – ProScope HR2 CSI Science Level 2 microscope
- Del Norte High School – “Calculus in Motion” and “Geometer’s Sketchpad” software
- Emerald EMSTEM Magnet Middle School – 7 copies of e-book: “100 Most Popular Scientists for Young Adults”, note app for iPods, transportation and food for field trip
- Harriet Tubman Village Charter School – Foss Kits: Solar Energy Unit and Variables Unit
- Horace Mann Middle School – SeaPerch Robotics Kits
- Johnson STEM Elementary School – Elementary Simple Machines/ Getting Started Set from LEGO Education
- Poway Unified School District – Women in Engineering Day
- Renaissance Village Academy – anatomical torso model and half-scale primate skull set
- Twin Peaks Middle School – Physics Lab / Newton cars
Photos from recipients of the 2012 Awards, displayed at the 2013 STEM Event (Albert Einstein Academy, Del Norte High School, and Emerald EMSTEM Magnet Middle School)