Theme: Model-based Systems Engineering and Beyond
This is the ONLY Systems Engineering professional symposium in San Diego this year; so don’t miss attending this day of stimulating thought and discussion with fellow professional engineers, and those interested. The symposium is centered on the increasingly crucial role of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) in fields such as Aerospace, Biotech/Medical, Test, and more. Presentation abstracts continue to be received. We are also planning Career Transition and Educational Opportunity topics. All of the above industries and needs are strongly represented in San Diego, and combined, will play a major role in our future.
All interested parties are welcome and encouraged to attend. Broad participation is good for everyone!
A continental breakfast as well as a lunch of sandwiches and drinks will be provided, and are included in the registration fee*. Please state vegetarian preferences with your registration.
* Catering orders close on 10/30 at 4:00 PM, we will purchase a few extra lunches but if you register after 10/30 there is a possibility that you may not have a lunch.
UCSD Extenstion University City Center 6256 Greenwich Dr., San Diego, Ca 92122 (See Map below)
Topics to be Presented and Discussed:
- Systems Engineering Applied by Mr. Bryan Scurry, SCS, Asst. Chief Engineer, Mission Architecture, SPAWAR
- Public Safety Broadband Network Demonstration of System Model and Crowdsourcing Requirements by Al Brennar, CTO of BBII Enterprises
- A Technocratic Approach to Effective Decision Making in Policy Design Leveraging Modeling and Simulation by Nargis Hossain
- System Testing Concepts, Methods, Tools:
- An Approach for Security Testing for Vulnerabilities in Software using a Real-Time Application Security Analyzer (RASAR) Tool Suite by Dr. Robert McGraw, PhD, VP & CTO RAM Laboratories, Inc.
- Examples of United States Government supported Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSEE) technology and toolsets by Eric Gruenloh, Director, C4ISR Solutions Group, Innovative Defense Technologies, LLC
- An Integrated Model-Based Approach to System Safety and Aircraft System Architecture Development by Eric Villhauer and Brian Jenkins of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc.
- Systems Engineering in Healtchcare:
- Science of Laws Institute:
- Introduction of the Science of Laws by David Schrunk MD
- Applying Statistics to Laws and Lawmaking by Lily Xu, PhD
- A History of the Influence of Science on Laws and Lawmakers by Len Troncale, PhD
- Requirements, Specifications, and Design: Improving Efficacy of Lawmaking through Requirements Management by John Sahlin, PhD
- Model-based Systems Engineering:
- Model-Driven Security: Aligning Security with Model-Driven Development by Ulrich Lang, CEO of ObjectSecurity
- MBSE in the Classroom by Ron Williamson, Sr. Engineering Fellow and Cheif Architect, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
- Black Box Method by John Green of the Naval Postgraduate School
- Emerging UMS Interoperability Standards by Kerry Fisherkeller, Northrop Engineering Fellow
- Agile Systems Engineering by Phyllis Marback of the Boeing Company
- Panel Q&A: Ask anything…OK, limit it to Systems Engineering topics
- Job Networking (throughout the conference)