All are welcome to attend. Members with Systems Engineering Professional certificates will earn 1 PDU towards your SEP recertification by attending the presentation.
PDF Presentation: Click Here to Download
Date: May 18th, 2016
Time: 5:15 PM for networking; 5:30 PM for dinner; 6:00 PM for the program
Where: Giovanni’s Italian Restaurant, 9353 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego 92123
Cost for Dinner: $5 for INCOSE members; $10 for non-members (pay upon your arrival)
PDUs: Earn 1 PDU towards your SEP recertification by attending the presentation.
Abstract: Risk management is an important project task but is it really a task for system engineers? You bet it is! This talk will discuss the role of risk management as it relates to both project managers and system engineers.
What is risk anyway? How is it related to project performance? Why is it important to both the project manager and the chief system engineer? How is risk identified, mitigated, and managed. What types of risks are the responsibility of system engineering? These are topics that will be discussed and debated by the audience. This presentation and discussion will only be an overview of risk management. A detailed discussion of mitigating and managing risk will remain for another day.
It is hoped that this will be an awakening discussion for new and mid-level SEs and a review and update for senior SEs. Please bring your best experiences in risk management and your ideas on improving risk mitigation to share with others. This is intended to be an interactive session.
Jim Gottfried Biography
- 40 years in software and systems engineering, IT, program management, and teaching
- Held positions of Division Vice-President, Chief Engineer, Section Engineering Manager, and lecture
- Supported independent (grey beard) DoD program reviews of major aerospace and defense programs such as the Army Crusader, AC-130U Gunship, B-1b Bomber and X-33
- Taught mathematics, operations research, program and risk management, systems engineering, proposal development, and project estimating at universities and at major corporations
- Expertise in proposal development and review including management, technical, past performance, risk, schedules and basis of estimates (BOEs)
- INCOSE member for 10+ years, former President of San Diego Chapter as well as other Board of Director positions