Introducing the 2021 WSRC – In-Person, with Virtual Option.
Introducing the 2021 Western States Regional Conference, in San Diego, California. This WSRC theme is Sailing the Digital Wave and host over 40 systems engineering technical presentations, two keynotes, several tutorials, and an optional Sunday end-of-conference trip to the USS Midway Museum in downtown San Diego. It will also include a free Friday happy hour, and an optional Saturday evening banquet at the Courtyard hotel. This event is in-person and will include a virtual option.
Primary Conference Topic Areas
- Digital Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Social Sciences
- Systems Thinking
- Telecommunications and 5G
- Agile & DevOps
- and More
See the WSRC website for full program information. Registrants will also be able to construct a schedule using the Cvent registration website and mobile app (this functionality is forthcoming)
The Importance of “Going Digital” in the U.S. Navy
Rear Admiral Eric Ruttenberg, Chief Engineer, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR)
Rear Adm. Eric Ruttenberg is a native of Redondo Beach, California. He is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and was commissioned in 1988. He holds a Master of Science in Astronautical Engineering from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He was designated a Naval Aviator in 1990 and an information warfare officer (Space Cadre) in 2011. He is currently the Chief Engineer of the U.S. Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) located in San Diego, California.
Space Range: Building a Cyber-Physical Digital Twin for Assessing Cyber Resilience
Mr. Douglas Orellana, PhD, Vice President of Intelligent Systems Engineering
Dr. Douglas Orellana is ManTech’s Vice President of Intelligent Systems Engineering in the Innovation and Capability Office, focused on developing the next generation of Systems Engineering solutions powered by computing and artificial intelligence. He has over 15 years of experience within systems engineering organizations, holding numerous roles with increasing authority spanning the system lifecycle for various domains: space systems, unmanned vehicles, special defense, radars, sonars, and instrumentation & controls.
Dates: September 17-19 (Friday-Sunday), 2021. Time vary by day – see the full program schedule here.
Location: Courtyard by Marriott, San Diego Airport/Liberty Station. 2592 Laning Road, San Diego, California 92106 (Google Maps)
Type of Conference: In-Person and Virtual options. In-person registrants will also have a virtual connection.
- Over 40 systems engineering presentations
- Two keynote presentations
- Two tutorials
- Lunch and lite breakfast on all three days
- Friday evening happy hour
- Free parking
- Discounted hotel rate (based on availability). Deadline for rate is 17 August; see below for full information and booking!
- Both in-person and virtual options. In-person attendees will also have ability to watch virtually — great for late arrivals!
Optional WSRC Events
- The WSRC will host a Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) paper test on Friday, Sept 17. The cost is $30. Separate INCOSE registration is forthcoming – please check our website at https://incose.org/wsrc. Also please email us at email@example.com that you plan on taking the test – thank you.
- Saturday-evening Banquet at the Courtyard Hotel ($50/person). Includes meals, soft drinks, and entertainment.
- Sunday afternoon tour of the USS Midway Museum in downtown San Diego ($45 per person). Includes bus ride to museum / back to hotel, guided tour of USS Midway. Depart at 1:30pm Sunday with return to hotel by 5:30pm.
The 2021 WSRC will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station (website). This will include three large conference rooms for the event, restaurant, and close proximity to the San Diego airport and downtown.
There is a discounted hotel rates for WSRC 2021 attendees. Please see the following information:
Last Day to Book: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Your special group rate: $161 per night. 48 hour cancellation. Parking fee waived.
- Fitness Center
- Free High-Speed Internet (WiFi)
- Proximity to SD airport, downtown
See the WSRC website for more information.