(This workshop is open to all, including non-INCOSE members)
Join us on August 28th and 29th, 2021, for a 2-day VIRTUAL workshop by Mr. David Mason, ESEP and SEP instructor, on the essential elements of Version 4 of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook to aid audience members to prepare themselves for the INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification examination.
This workshop is an exceptional value and an excellent introduction to the material found on the INCOSE SEP exam. Don’t miss it – prepare now!
This workshop is jointly presented by the Los Angeles and San Diego chapters of INCOSE.
NOTE – This workshop will also be RECORDED for later viewing by registered students!
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, 28-29 August, 2021, 9am-5pm Pacific Time (PT)
Cost: $40 Register
Webcast Details: This presentation will use Zoom. Login information will be provided to registered participants before the event.
The workshop will address major concepts in the Systems Engineering Handbook (SEH), to include:
- Life Cycle technical and technical management processes (IEEE 15288) and the SE V diagram
- Cross-cutting SE methods
- N2 Diagram of SE processes
- Tailoring programs
- Specialty engineering activities, including affordability/cost-effectiveness, life-cycle costs (LLC), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Environmental Engineering, Human Systems Integration (HSI) Interoperability, Logistics, and others.
- Questions similar to those found on the exam.
Please bring your own copy of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook. It is available for free to INCOSE members on the INCOSE store. If you are not a member, you may purchase the book at the INCOSE store or from another vendor.
The workshop will use a combination of audience dialogue, assorted work assignments, and homework to aid the audience members in comprehending the concepts presented in the SEH and INCOSE SEP exam. As noted, it will also include practice problems similar to the exam questions!
Notice – The 2021 WSRC will offer an inexpensive SEP paper test at the conference on 17 September. See more information HERE. Please note that you must register for this test by 10 September.
About Systems Engineering Professional Certification:
Approximately 3500 INCOSE members have obtained professional INCOSE systems engineering certification – what about you?
INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification is similar to United States engineering professional engineering (PE) licenses, but instead of being issued by states, members are certified by INCOSE.
There are 3 levels of INCOSE SE certification, based on demonstrated SE experience and passing the knowledge exam:
- Associative Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) – For members at the beginning of their systems engineer career.
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) – For practicing Systems Engineers with more than five years of systems engineering professional work experience.
- Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) – For systems engineering leaders with recognized systems accomplishments and many years of systems engineering professional work experience. There are only just over 300 ESEPs!
Read more on the certification levels Here.
Instructor: Mr. Dave Mason, ESEP
Mr. Dave Mason is an INCOSE Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) who since 2011 has taught the INCOSE System Engineering Professional (SEP) certificate training course to professional and academia members. He has more than 30 years in Aerospace industry, transcending positions from electronic technician to system engineering, and during his last five years led the planning, design, development, and verification & validation of assorted electro-optical, space-qualified flight hardware. He has utilized the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program to maximize product efficiency through the application of six sigma tools to each product process to assess the value stream flow. His resume includes establishment of the 4-Way Benefit Model for incorporating students within the INCOSE umbrella, development of the IUSE campaign to market student member activities and accomplishments with the aid of local enterprises, and serving as the President of the INCOSE San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, 2009 winners of the INCOSE President Award. Mr. Mason holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) focused on Production Management, and a Master of Science in Business Administration (MSBA) in Quantitative Business Methods.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com for more information!