Kenneth Griesi on Introduction to Architecture: A Sub-Discipline of Systems Engineering
Introduction to Architecture
- Principles of the Architecting Discipline
- Architecting versus Engineering
- Architecture Specialties: Capability, Enterprise, System, Software, etc.
- The Artifacts of Architecting
- Review of Industry-Standard/-Dominant Approaches
Architecture in Systems Engineering
- The Role of Architecture in all stages of the System Engineering ‘V’
- Common Lifecycle Models
- The Importance of Stakeholder Analysis
- Requirements Development & Management
- Introduction to Representation (Modeling)
- Domain Modeling
- Issues of Security
The Roles of the Architect
What does it take to be a successful Architect?
- Collaboration with other Key Project Participants
- Formal Reviews
- Success Measures & Metrics (Quantitative, Qualitative)
- Common Career Paths
About the Presenter: Kenneth Griesi, C.E.A, M.S., of the MITRE Corporation in San Diego, is principally engaged in shaping the United States Department of Defense’s Enterprise Services architecture. He has several years of experience in the Defense industry, primarily in performing System Engineering and Architecting on critical government programs. He is a published author and a recognized leader in the fields of Systems Engineering and Enterprise Architecture. He holds a Masters degree in Systems Management from the University of Maryland, has submitted several patent concepts, serves on the Association of Enterprise Architects Executive Board, and holds several engineering and management certifications.
Cost: $80 (donuts, coffee, and lunch will be provided)